PRIVACY AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
Users of this website, buildingdreamsgroup.com.au (the Website) agree to be bound by this Agreement and any other notices and guidelines which appear on the Website, which are subject to change without notice, from time to time in our sole discretion.
The Services (being the Website, related software applications, email, ads and affiliated and linked Building Dreams Group Facebook and Instagram pages) are offered to you conditioned upon your acceptance of the terms, conditions and notices set forth below (collectively, this Agreement). By accessing or using the Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and represent that you have read and understood its terms.
Any information, posts, stories, text, links, graphics, photos, audio, videos, data, code or other materials or arrangements of materials that you can view on, access or otherwise interact with through the Services shall be referred to as “Content”.
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “Building Dreams Group” refer to Building Dreams Group ABN 16258997505 (“Building Dreams Group”).
The term “you” refers to the individual, company, business organisation or other legal entity using the Services and/or contributing Content to them. The Content that you contribute, submit, transmit and/or post to or through the Services shall be referred to variously as “your Content”, “Content of yours” and/or “Content you submit.”
- USE OF THE SERVICES
- The Services are provided solely to:
- Assist customers in gathering building, construction, renovation and property information, posting Content and searching for builders and trades through the Trade Directory; and
- Assist building, construction, trades and affiliated services businesses in engaging with customers and potential customers, by way of free and/or paid-for services offered by the Building Dreams Group.
- As a condition of your use of the Services, you warrant that all information supplied by you through the Services to Building Dreams Group is true, accurate, current and complete.
- We retain the right at our sole discretion to deny anyone access to the Services, at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, for violation of this Agreement.
- By using the Services, including any products or services that facilitate the sharing of Content to or from third party sites, you understand that you are solely responsible for any information that you share with Building Dreams Group.
- Copying, transmission, reproduction, replication, posting or redistribution of the Content or any portion thereof and/or the Services more generally is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of the Building Dreams Group.
- INTERACTIVE AREAS
- The Services may contain discussion forums, posts, comments, bulletin boards, review services, requests for recommendations or other forums in which you may post your Content, such as recommendations for builders or trades, messages, materials or other items (Interactive Areas). If Building Dreams Group provides such Interactive Areas on the Websites or through its Services, you are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk.
- The Building Dreams Group does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any of your Content you provide to the Services or in any Interactive Area. You understand that the Building Dreams Group does not edit or control the user messages posted to or distributed through the Services, including through any posts, bulletin boards or other communications forums, and will not be in any way responsible or liable for such messaging. In particular, the Building Dreams Group does not edit or control all users’ Content.
- By using any Interactive Areas, you expressly agree only to submit Content of yours that complies with any Building Dreams Groups policy including our Selection processes (https://www.buildingdreamsgroup.com.au/word-of-mouth). You expressly agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Services any Content of yours that:
- Is false, unlawful, misleading, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing (or advocates harassment of another person), threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Is patently offensive to the online community, such as that which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Would constitute, encourage, promote or provide instructions for conduct of an illegal activity, a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate the rights of any party in any country of the world, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, national or international law;
- May infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. In particular, content that promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- Impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, including the Building Dreams Group
- Is private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses;
- Include or are intended to facilitate viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Is unrelated to the topic of the Interactive Area(s) in which such Content is posted; or
- The Building Dreams Group takes no responsibility and assume no liability for any Content posted, stored, transmitted or uploaded to the Services by you (in the case of your Content) or any third party (in the case of any and all Content more generally), or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is Building Dreams Group liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter.
- Any use of the Interactive Areas or other aspects of the Services in violation of the foregoing violates the terms of this Agreement and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Interactive Areas and/or the Services more generally.
- You agree that the Building Dreams Group is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of information they obtain from third-party suppliers and display on the Services.
- The materials and information on the Website or published through the Services have been prepared for general information purposes only. The materials and information published on the Website or through the Services, may not necessarily be accurate, complete or current. No person should act or fail to act on the basis of these materials or information.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Building Dreams Group (including on behalf of its employees and agents) disclaims any and all liability (including liability for negligence) to any person arising out of or in relation to the use of, or access to, the Services, including:
- any action or failure to act by any person in accessing, downloading, uploading, using, relying on or dealing in any way with, any materials from the Website or from any other website on the Internet;
- any errors or omissions on the Website or on any other website on the Internet (including but not limited to errors or omissions arising as a result of the negligence of Building Dreams Group or its employees or agents);
- or any delay or interruption in access to or use of the Website or any other website on the Internet (including but not limited to delay or interruption arising as a result of the negligence of Building Dreams Group or its employees or agents).
- You accept all risk and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using the Website or through the Services and any information or material available from the Website or Services.
- Whilst Building Dreams Group reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to delete, alter or move any message or other posted material on the Website and Interactive Areas, it is under no obligation to do so, nor is it under an obligation to update any information on the Website, or to correct any inaccuracy on the Website that may become apparent at a later time.
- Where Building Dreams Group advertises on behalf of a person whose goods or services appear on the Website or through the Services (a “provider“) or appears by reference of logo or otherwise in an advertisement of any provider, to the fullest extent permitted by law, such advertising or reference is not to be construed as:
- an endorsement by the Building Dreams Group;
- an acknowledgement or representation by Building Dreams Group as to fitness for purpose;
- a warranty by Building Dreams Group of, for, or in relation to the product or service of the provider.
- The Building Dreams Group, to the fullest extent allowed by law, neither takes nor assumes any responsibility for the product or service provided. Visitors to the Website should rely on their own inquiries and seek any assurance or warranties directly from the provider of the service or product.
- Building Dreams Group does not warrant the accuracy of any hypertext links provided on the Website, nor the suitability or accuracy of any content located at those links. Links and frames connecting the Website with other websites are for convenience only and do not mean that Building Dreams Group is associated with, endorses or approves those other websites, their content, or the people who run, or contribute to, them. Use or reliance on the content of those websites is at the user’s own risk.
- Building Dreams Group does not represent or warrant that any files displayed or obtained from or through the Website, or any other website linked to them, are free from computer viruses or other defects. Any such files are provided, and may only be accessed or used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of those files.
Users of the Services agree to indemnify the Building Dreams Group from any claim against the Building Dreams Group by any third party arising from any use of information published on the Site in a manner which contravenes the terms set out in this Agreement.
- With the exception of trademarks of businesses listed in the Trade Directory, all material contained on the Site is the copyright of the Building Dreams Group.
- No material contained on the Website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, including electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the Building Dreams Group
- Breach of these terms may contravene the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria. Users of the Services and the Building Dreams Group submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of its courts.
Building Dreams Group is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone, by email, via our website https://www.buildingdreamsgroup.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Building Dreams Group will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
91 Watt Rd, Mornington, Victoria, Australia
0433 601 578